Be the first to hear about new art work, journal entries, and exciting adventures in learning with Me!
Collecting and hanging original artwork in your home or office is a joyful experience when you stick to these few purchasing principles.
1. Purchase what you love! Perhaps the piece features your favorite color or reminds you of a favorite memory or simply when you look at it you feel happy! That is a piece you will enjoy living with for years to come.
2. When your eyes rest upon the artwork, what are your feelings and are they the feeling you want to live with? This is a great question to be clear on. If you want to feel joy, inspiration and peace look for art that promote those feeling within you. It maybe a combination of color and imagery.
3. Learn about the artist. What and why do they create and are their values in line with yours? Read about the artist, if you are at a festival and can speak with the artist go for it. Most artists have a story behind their creations and love to share it!
4. Will the artwork fit into your aesthetic in your home or office? Determine the look you are going for. Is it... Traditional? Modern? Eclectic? Industrial? Etc... Also make sure the size of the piece will fit where you want to display it.
5. How do you want people to feel when they are in your home or office, looking upon the artwork? Being clear will lead you to purchasing and creating a perfect collection for all to enjoy. And most likely these pieces will become cherished heirlooms one day.
Once you have purchased your perfect piece of art to add to your collection, how will you display it? Think about the wall color, lighting and how it will be framed. Will you be hanging it as a collection with other pieces on the same wall? Places to get professional ideas include your local art museums, art galleries, interior decorators, or the artist themself will have a bunch of wonderful ideas. To learn more about collecting, displaying art and other fun related topics sign up to be on our email list.
Join us and stay in the know with new classes being offered, collection releases, studio news and oh so much more! Just click the link below and we'll see you there!